Hello Educators, We have got some special techniques from Aliya’s treasures for you. They are called Classroom greetings – fun ways to greet your preschoolers. These templates are specially designed by Aliya for her teachers to use in their preschool classrooms.
Aliya trained her teachers to use these greetings in two different ways.
Use them when your preschoolers enter the classroom
Young children are specially in the laziest mood early in the morning. Only smiling and wishing them good morning might not trigger them much. This particular idea can help preschoolers learn different ideas of socialising with friends and families when they meet.
What to do?
- The teacher will first print out the printable from the below given link.
- The teacher will ensure to laminate before they go on the wall.
- Now once the printable are ready, place them either one below the other or put them on the classroom door or a wall.
- The teacher can stand at the door and welcome each child with their name, wish them good morning and directing them towards the door/wall with greetings.
- The teacher will allow them to select the greeting for the day.
- After they select the teacher can repeat the sentence written on the card and say, “Okay Karen, let us give a High Five” and then Karen moves in the class
- The teacher can continue the same with all the other preschoolers in the class.
Use them during circle time:
Instead of having these greeting printable at the door, the teacher can use them during the morning circle time after their free play stations. Using them here will be more fun.
What to do?
- The teacher will make the preschoolers wind up the free play stations and invite them to sit in a circle.
- The teach can simply sing this song while allowing them to wind up and settle down for circle time. The song is called “it’s time to have some fun together.”
- Once the preschoolers settle down, the teacher will simply lay down the laminated classroom greetings on the floor.
- The teacher will then instruct them that they would come ahead one by one when called by the teacher and select the greeting by tapping on it.
- The children and teacher will wishing each other as per the greeting selected. Then they will go around the class greeting good morning to each of their classmate in the same way.
- The teacher will here encourage the preschoolers to take name of their classmates when they greet them.
- If need be the teacher can demonstrate one round of greeting for preschoolers to understand better.
Download the classroom greetings here ?